Monday, December 12, 2011

New Camera! Or, Why My Husband Rocks

I really should mention it more often, because he is so cool. And thoughtful. But seriously? My husband totally rocks.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and he has had a gift under the tree for me for about a week. It's killing him that I can just let it be. I have yet to shake it. Last night, he asked if I wanted to open it. I asked him if he wanted me to open it. I was fine waiting until tomorrow. Then he asked the girls if they wanted me to open it. I finally told him I'd do it.

He had mentioned last week that he wasn't sure if he should take it back since it wasn't on my list. I told him I'm not a big list person. It means much more to me if you find something you think I would like than if you just go buy what I asked for.

So I opened my present with no expectations, and got this:

Canon PowerShot ELPH 310 HS (AKA IXUS 230 HS)



I was shocked. And thrilled. You all know how much trouble I've been having getting good photos. I realize it's probably operator-error, but I'd like to think that newer equipment will help. So I took a couple of shots of my latest completed order this morning. I didn't retouch or crop them at all yet. The lighting was far from great, but I still think they turned out pretty well, don't you?



So to sum up, my incredible husband heard my frustration with my camera, made a note of it, and bought me an awesome new one. Seriously, how great is he? Thanks, honey!! Love you!!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.amazon.com/Your-Camera-Loves-You-Learn/dp/0321784103

    Get this book -- you will instantly be taking much better pictures with your new toy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!