Friday, September 16, 2011

The Creative Process

So how does this whole letter thing work? In a perfect world, I would have photos of this same idea all the way through to the finished product, but I'm going to mix it up a bit and show you different items at each of the stages.

To start, usually I think of something I want to do and just start designing. But sometimes I think of things when I'm not at my computer, so they end up on random scraps of paper, like this:


And then I work on it in Illustrator til it looks like this:


Then I print them out on high-quality paper.

I mix the paint colors to match:


And then handpaint the edges of the wooden plaques.


Finally, I adhere the printouts to the plaques, trim them, add the hangers and any extra bling, and voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!