Friday, September 2, 2011

Arrggh, Matey!







Yo, ho, ho, it's a pirate's life for me! Well, at least it has been this week! I got my first order from a blogging/Twitter friend - yay!!! She needed two sets of letters, one for each of her sons, in a pirate theme.

Since I was planning to add a pirate theme to the collection anyway, I was thrilled to get started on them. First, she let me know which colors she needed. Then I asked if she wanted the same designs on both names or if she wanted all individual ones. I was happy to do 10 different ones, but having two daughters of my own, I know that they say they want their own thing, but then end up wanting the same thing. Ha! She agreed and just asked me to mix up the order a bit. So I did!

I think they turned out really cute. If only my camera could capture them better. I'm on a mission to get better lighting. I think that will fix things. I did get our spare bedroom set up with a set of hooks for me to do displays on. I didn't think the blue/orange and red/blue pirate letters would look too great on a pink wall. :) Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!